יום חמישי, 6 בנובמבר 2014

Blog #2!  (November 6, 2014)

I have just read Adele Raemer's  "Digitally Yours"   about using the app, NearPod in class, which enables the sharing of Power Point Presentations via SmartPhones. Her PP gave her students instructions on how to do their oral component for their book task!   First of all, this solves the problem of classrooms that don't have SmartBoards or projectors and screens,like my school, for example!  In addition, getting them to speak for 1-2 minutes about their books is a win-win situation; we get to hear all of our students speak and each student gets to practice speaking!  It all sounds great.. now I need someone to push me and show me how to actually do it!  I do not have spare time to play around and learn all the things I want to learn; I'm sure most of you have the same problem!  I need a F2F demonstration!

I liked Richard Byrne's suggestion in his "Free Technology for Teachers" blog          He gave 5 different ways of collecting student feedback, which I have just learned is called, "exit tickets"! The students respond to 2-3 questions, asking if they understood the material taught that day and what questions they had for the next lesson. The two that appealed to me the most was "Socrative" and "Poll Everywhere". I MUST try one or both of these!

The third Blog I read was Lisa Nielsen's "The Innovative Educator" . Since it was on Interactive whiteboards, I just glanced at it because my school doesn't have those..... yet!

Reading about all the new (and free) technology and  how to use it in our classrooms is very exciting, but, at the same, I find it all so overwhelming!

In any case, I hope I'll be writing soon, that I've not only learned how to do some (all????!!) of the above, but that my classes have been enjoying the fruits of my newly obtained skills!

Till the next blog....

4 תגובות:

  1. Hi Linda,
    great blog. The first paragraph about Adele seems to be invisible on my screen. Any idea why?

    Keep us informed if you try out anything in class

    השבמחק
  2. I noticed that your URL is "grandmalindablogs". Are you a grandmother? If so, I'm impressed. My mom learned how to e-mail just a few years ago and she still doesn't text.
    What grades and subjects do you teach?
    It seems like "Digitally Yours" is a very popular blog. One reason I chose her is because she's Israeli so her posts are more relevant to me (she won't have things for Halloween for example).
    I am doing my practicum in a classroom with a smart board. I hope this course will help me learn how to make the most of that curious new tool.

    השבמחק
  3. What a great blog you're having! It was real fun reading it. I could actually feel the excitement and easily identify with your desire to try and learn everything this new digital world has to offer. Not sure if I'll be able to apply all but experiencing it is a MUST, as you put it. Hope you don’t mind me following.
    Moshe.

    השבמחק
    תשובות
    1. Hi Moshe,
      I am honored that you are following my blog! You are correct; I am excited at the prospect of learning how to use exciting technology in the classroom.. BE"H, I'll manage to try out some of the things I want soon... I am sure that after I try a few things, a few times, I'll be able to incorporate them into my teaching!
      Linda

      מחק